BIM (Building Information Modeling) can be defined as the process for creating and managing information on a construction project across the project lifecycle. The Building Information Model, the digital description of every aspect of the built asset is the key output of this process. Building Information Modeling draws on information assembled collaboratively and updated at prime stages of a project. Creating a digital Building Information Model helps architects to optimize their actions paving the way towards greater whole life value for the asset. The global construction industry is undergoing a digital revolution through Building Information Modeling.
- BIM is information modeling and information management in a team environment and it is a way of working.
- The Building Information Modeling creates value from the combined efforts of people, technology as well as processes.
- BIM services can be used to bring together all information about every component of a building in one place.
- It is possible to access information for any purpose in BIM including integrating different aspects of the design more effectively.
- The risk of mistakes or discrepancies can be reduced and abortive costs can be minimized using Building Information Modeling.
- BIM data can be utilized to illustrate the entire building lifecycle including design, demolition, and materials reuse.
- In Building Information Modeling, spaces, products, sequences and systems can be shown in relative scale to each other.
- BIM prevents errors creeping in at different stages of development or construction through signalling conflict detection.
- BIM modeling companies provide high-quality and cost-effective BIM solutions for elegant building designs.
- A typical BIM modeling company is a construction industry tycoon with impeccable credentials and a stellar reputation.
- They are offbeat business organizations providing a range of BIM services across multifarious construction disciplines including architecture, structure, MEPF, and other mechanical disciplines.
- A specialized BIM outsourcing company provides tailor-made 3D BIM modeling, 4D BIM modeling and 5D BIM modeling.
Driving Efficiency using Revit BIM
The ultimate objective of Revit model is to create coordinated, consistent, and complete model-based designs. Driving efficiency and accuracy across the project lifecycle is the unique selling proposition of Revit BIM services. It is possible to automatically update floor plans, elevations, and sections as the model develop in Revit. The ability to collaborate across teams, disciplines and time zones is the striking feature of Revit. Revit is an intuitive software that brings all architecture, engineering, and construction disciplines into a unified modeling environment. Project teams can work together anytime using Revit, a powerful cloud-based collaboration solution.
Unparalleled Capabilities Offered by BIM
Building Information Modeling can be used to create design drawings as well as shop drawings. Clash coordination is another application area of Building Information Modeling and BIM object is a well-balanced combination of information content that defines a product, product properties, geometry representing the product’s physical characteristics, and functional data. According to construction industry maestros, BIM is unquestionably the future of design and long-term facility management. The dominance of the innovative Building Information Modeling grows as days pass by and BIM features the digital representation of a physical and functional characteristic of a structure.
Scheduling Maintenance using BIM
- Another remarkable feature of BIM is that it can be used by architects, engineers, and contractors simultaneously.
- It has been pointed out that BIM exists for the entirety of a building’s lifespan from conception to demolition.
- The building owners utilize BIM to schedule maintenance and complete infrastructure updates when a building is finished.
- BIM automatically generates scheduling and logistics which reduces errors and makes cost predictions accurate.
- The possibilities of BIM technology are constantly multiplying and its capabilities are unparalleled.
- Working in a BIM environment requires all parties to collaborate and share the information they create in a mutually accessible online space referred to as a common data environment.
Building Information Modeling can be used to inform all stages of a built asset’s lifecycle ranging from inception to renewal. BIM acts as the catalyst of change in the construction industry and successful implementation of BIM addresses the issues of poor collaboration, competitive tendering, risk transfer, late engagement of specialists and focus on capital costs. BIM modeling is an emblazonry to the construction field and it has been the buzzword in the AEC industry for few years.
Building Information Modeling provides unmatched opportunities for increased productivity and significant cost savings. BIM is gaining prominence globally especially in countries like the USA, UK, Germany, Singapore, France, China, and South Korea. Building Information Modeling is much more than a process and it is a 3D model-based process that provides architecture, engineering and construction professionals information and tools to plan, design and manage the building. The unique feature of BIM is that it enables the creation of virtual 3D models that can be explored and manipulated. It is easier to understand the relations between spaces, materials and systems using Building Information Modeling. It is a well-known fact that the BIM process can build, view, and test a structure in 3D( Three Dimension).