You can now complete your building permitting process online. If it’s a small construction project previously reviewed with the paper plan, you can execute the digital walk-through of the building permit.With the help of Digital Walk through, all construction plans, as well as supportive documents, can be accepted through an electronic review system for a complete review including DCRA reviews. Simultaneously, you can undertake digital routing for choosing sister agencies such as Historic Preservation, District Department of Energy & the Environment, and District Department of Transportation.This automatically helps to save your time taken for visiting the office of a permitting agency. Some of the DCRA Plan Reviewing encompasses Zoning, Fire, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP) and Green &Energy disciplines.
Let’s check out the steps for Digital Walkthrough of building permit:
- Create a DCRA Account – Complete Permit Request Online by making a DCRA user account in the Building Permit Intake Process. However, it’s important that you should pay online to submit a screening of your application. In case you are submitting an application for a property owner, you should register as a Filing Representative.
- Email Notification –You will get an email notification within a day from an electronic review system for uploading drawings and supporting documents.
- Reviewing Application & Associated Plans for pre-screening–Applications and associated plans get reviewed for pre-screening to ensure that they meet the fundamental requirement for the plan, for instance, an updated building plan as per the scope of work.
- Tracking Review through Permit Tracker – Once the pre-screen review is getting approved, your construction project can be routed to all essential DCRA divisions and agencies for plan review. All divisions, comments & status of the review can be tracked through permit tracker.
- Notification for Making the Remaining Permit Fees – As soon as all reviews are done, you will get a notification for paying the remaining permit fees. For doing this, you have to log into your account for paying your balance with a credit card.Remember that if you don’t mention your contractor’s information like the DC license number and the mailing address, you will be notified that the information is required to proceed with issuance. Always check your licensing verification system for confirming the license status of the contractors. Homeowners can also be listed as the contractor if they complete the work themselves.
- Permit Issuance in Email – The final step is receiving the permit issuance in an email. Just the once, all fees are paid and the contractor’s information is entered, your building permit will be issued through an email with the permit attached. You have to download your approved plans and all supporting documents for availing onsite inspections.
Are you stuck with your Stop Work Order & looking for DCRA Permit Expedition Services? You may call Tejjy Inc. at 202-465-4830 or send an email to [email protected] for managing your building permit process from the initial stage and making your DCRA Walk through accepted.