Building Information Modeling is a technique for enabling project stakeholders to create digital design simulations for managing all information related to architectural, structural and MEP projects. Whereas CAD (Computer Aided Design) produces 2D or 3D drawings that don’t differentiate amongst various elements, Building Information Modeling includes 4D scheduling as per time as well as 5D BIM cost estimation. This allows users to manage information in an intelligent way throughout the project lifecycle. Revit BIM services help to automate processes like programming, conceptual & detailed design, constructability analysis, documentation, manufacturing, site logistics, operation, maintenance, revamp and demolition.
What is BIM design?
Every design of construction project includes several participants, along with infinite interactions amongst parties. The projects are multidisciplinary and encompass comprehensive information. BIM design development and coordination services for architects, structural engineers and MEP design firms include conceptual design, schematic design, detailed design creation and construction documentation. It is the BIM engineers that help to order the complexity of the process. Using BIM with Revit Modeling Services, All Plan, Archi CAD, etc. the architects are able to execute their work efficiently.
The construction projects created with BIM design consist of real products and materials to be used. Geometry, attributes and cost of the model are included in the BIM model along with the contact information, once approved. BIM design development can be understood as a catalog of modeled materials, enhancing the way in which technical project specifications are conveyed in a systematic way to those who are in charge of building it.
BIM Revit families consist of huge product libraries, helping you download accurate Revit 3D models to be instantly incorporated into architecture project, thus saving time for subsequent specifications. So, with the information loaded BIM family, the system enhances the quality of the work and reduces decision making and last minute modifications during the construction process, addressing problems virtually and lowering overall project cost.
Moreover, every element of Revit 3d model has its specific attributes and related parametrically to the other project objects. If one of these Revit modeling objects is modified, those depending on it are also changed automatically. In this manner, BIM enables joint work of architects, clients, builders, engineers and other related actors for taking place within a single intelligent and shared procedure.
What are the applications of BIM?
Now, let’s consider the applications of BIM services for Architects, Structural Engineers and mechanical engineers.
- Using Revit 3d models, architects are able to use design for exploring various design options and use analysis tools for providing data-based insights to inform design decisions.
- Building Information Modeling allows architectural designers in creating striking visualizations, conveying their design intent. 3D renderings bring future projects to life and facilitate architects communicate in an improved and efficient manner.
- Cloud collaboration through BIM 360 allows architects and extended team members to work together in real-time on a single design, ensuring all stakeholders have the latest information.
- BIM Revit modeling services facilitate architects to develop designs to a level supporting fabrication, maintaining design continuity by others in the development process.
Applications of BIM Services for Structural Engineers
- Data rich BIM Revit 3D model supports engineers to address challenging design parameters, swiftly test the structural integrity at an early design phase, and easily adjust structural models as per design modifications.
- Model-based collaboration with Revit BIM services also enhances communication between structural engineers and extended project team. Connecting structural design to detailing for structural steel, rebar and precast concrete fabrication helps to significantly shorten project timelines.
- Structural engineers use BIM services reality capture tools with light detection for capturing point clouds and providing comprehensive information about an existing built environment.
Applications of Building Information Modeling for Mechanical Engineers
- MEP engineers and designers explore the competent constructible design of building systems before making decision. They take advantage of design calculations for optimizing systems and fabrication content to develop optimal layouts.
- Using BIM, mechanical engineers convert design intent model into a comprehensive fabrication model for shop drawings, 5D BIM cost estimation, duct manufacture as well installation.
- BIM simplifies collaboration by combining all design components in standard data model. This ensures MEP designers to have consistent, updated information from other disciplines.
- Implementing Building Information Modeling and reality capture tools, MEP firms work with self-assurance that they have accurate as built-data.
How to become a BIM manager?
To become a competent BIM Manager, one should be acquainted with the activities of Revit Modeling services like managing a technical team, providing essential support to project and assisting construction project directors on technical delivery. BIM managers should have the skills to manage BIM standards and consult with IT teams, systems administrators, clients and contractors.
The essential qualities of a competent BIM manager include:
- Comprehensive Understanding of BIM:A BIM manager should treat a Revit 3d model as a realistic depiction of the building and leverage the same as a collaborative tool amongst the modelers, and receivers of model output.
- Team Configuration for Leveraging BIM – As a team leader, the manager ensures that none works in a silo and enforces people to take ownership of the project, making them accountable for complete work, including modeling of walls, tagging, details and schedules.
- Flexible Working Methodology– A Revit BIM modeling manager should retain a flexible workflow to accommodate unusual condition &pioneering work practices, supporting various work practices based on project complexity and the capacity of the staff working on it.
- Involvement in Real BIM Projects – Further, a Building Information Modeling manager should have the knowledge of the operations of the real BIM project, through active project engagement and execute project audits periodically.
- Competence to Question Specific Requests –BIM manager assesses request against real-world consequence, and delivers work methodology based solution and not just technical solutions. As a project lead, the BIM manager should suggest alternatives for obtaining same consequence.
Do you want to appoint a competent BIM Manager for getting Revit BIM Services? Consult the BIM engineers, architects, construction managers and MEP consultants of Tejjy Inc. BIM services company in DC, VA, MD & Baltimore areas in the USA and step into the world of intelligence working. To know more, call at 202-465-4830 or [email protected]