BIM For Owners
BIM for Owners
In contrast to traditional drafting softwares, Building Information Modeling (BIM) encourages participation from all parties involved in the project, including the project owners, and provides them with all the necessary data throughout the process. The business advantage of BIM for building owners and developers is undeniable in terms of cost control, waste reduction, and efficiency advancements throughout building projects.
Benefits of BIM for owners
- Helps in scheduling, and budgeting of the design build process
- Can analyze the constructability of the building with a constructability review
- Owners can contribute to design decisions
- They can access the data and control the project throughout the project lifecycle
- Confidence in the construction process because of accurate models, and interoperability
- Considerably reducing overall project risk
- Higher performing buildings that meet expectations
- Optimizing operations and maintenance using BIM facility management
Customized BIM Modeling solutions for your next AEC Project
Implement BIM: Be the owner of the design build process
BIM helps owners to be an important decision maker in the design build process. Let us look at the business value of BIM for owners:
- Budgeting: When it comes to budgeting, the most essential aspect of BIM for owners and contractors is the fifth dimension of BIM (5D BIM). Bill of Materials (BOM) and Quantity Take Off (QTO) can be made with its aid.
- Scheduling: It is important for building owners to finish the project on time. The 4D BIM dimension helps in building construction process scheduling using the 4D BIM construction simulation video. Owners being in control of building construction scheduling helps them to save time and cost.
- Visualization: With the help of BIM, it is possible to generate corporate-compliant, photorealistic rendered graphics and video walkthroughs for use in promotional presentations. Using visual content like photos and videos is a crucial part of real estate marketing.
- Scan to BIM : Scan to BIM helps owners with renovation, remodeling, and historical preservation. We use 3D laser scanning technology to acquire point cloud data, to create a 3D BIM model. Scan to BIM also helps to create an as built model of the project for facility management.
- Facility Management: With the use of BIM for owners and facility managers, facility management and operations are improved with the use of 6D BIM modeling, leading to higher output for the enterprise as a whole. The BIM planning guide for facility owners is an invaluable resource for anyone tasked with running and maintaining a building.
- COBie: COBie is the mandatory format for gathering building information during design and construction. Using COBie, the project team can quickly combine all design and construction electronic submittals into one Operations and Maintenance document.
- Construction Management: BIM helps owners to be directly a part of construction management, by tracking the schedule and budgeting. Construction management is an important phase of building construction that building owners should be more concerned about.
Sectors we serve
Are you looking for BIM services?
Please connect with our experts and to discuss your project and get a free estimation for your AEC project.