Competitive Advantages Of BIM Automation In The AEC Industry
automation in BIM for improving project efficiency
In the highly competitive construction industry of today, design and construction companies are always looking for new ways and means to increase construction efficiencies and gain an advantage over their rivals. The industry of building design and the consultants who work in it are under constant pressure to provide a number of designs or model prototypes that are both sustainable and aesthetic at the same time. The implementation of BIM automation strategies is essential to the delivery of workable building solutions.
What is BIM automation?
The automation capabilities of Building Information Modeling BIM software like Revit, Dynamo Plugins, and APIs like Python provide architects, designers, and engineers with a limitless number of design options for a wide variety of inputs. Computational design, quality-assured deliverables, BIM analytics, and speedy decision-making all rely heavily on construction planning, facade design, space planning, and building design, among other aspects of architectural planning.
By automating mundane design processes, the time taken for the design process can be improved, which frees up room for designers, architects, and engineers to focus on more important duties. For BIM Modeling automation projects, modeling the design in an environment that is highly regulated and driven by visual programming results in design deliverables that are innovative and customizable.
What is Generative Design?
In generative design, the software generates a set number of building design options that satisfy a set of criteria, and then a designer fine tunes the feasible region by choosing particular solutions or adjusting the input values, ranges, and distribution. The generative method can produce a solution that is optimal in terms of structural stability and aesthetics because it is defined in terms of parameters and rules.
Combining generative design architecture and 3D printing technology, the way we design buildings can be drastically changed and innovated. Generative design for architecture helps architects to discover new and unexpected Architectural BIM Modeling & Designs, according to the architect’s parameters.
Advantages of BIM automation in AEC industry
- Greater efficiency: The efficiency factor is elevated to new heights when BIM Revit Family Creation automation. While architects and engineers concentrate on offering increased project value with high-quality design, formerly time-consuming processes are set to run in the background.
- Faster Project Delivery: The project can be delivered faster, as BIM process automation takes down the time of mundane design tasks. As the design made using BIM automation is well clash coordinated, confusion during the construction process will be less. This helps in faster project delivery.
- Improved ROI: Implementing BIM automation can increase the ROI (Return on Investment) of the project. No time is wasted on the trial-and-error design method.
- Reduce Errors: With Artificial Intelligence (AI) generated designs, and specific parameters given by architects and engineers, no human error in the design can be found. Error-free models for BIM projects are an important requirement for design, construction, and operation.
- Efficient Building Handover: The final product by implementing automation BIM is of perfect quality. So the handover of the building will be more efficient than normal BIM methods. This helps owners to get the perfect building they want and helps the contractors to finish the high quality building on time.
- Better BIM Coordination: BIM coordination between architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing services can be done better, easier, and within time using BIM automation tools. BIM clash detection can be made into an automated process to find errors in the Revit 3D BIM Models.
BIM Tools for Automation
- Revit: As opposed to CAD, Revit is software that allows us to automate various procedures. For instance, in documenting plans in CAD, each element, which include section, elevation, and facades had to be solved individually. However, with the assistance of Revit, you are now able to automatically solve these components.
- Dynamo: Revit Dynamo provides open-source graphical programming for BIM design and automation. Dynamo lets designers construct visual logic to explore parametric idea designs utilizing logic, minimal data, and analysis without a physical prototype. Dynamo automates repetitive design activities to save designers time.
- Python: Python is a high-level programming language that is used to construct a wide variety of applications because of its adaptability, and relatively straightforward code. Because it is an essential plugin for Dynamo Revit, this tool holds a significant amount of significance.
Implement BIM Automation & Scripting
BIM automation for the construction process helps architects, structural engineers, and MEP design engineers to automate the repetitive task in building design. Because of the increased productivity that comes from utilizing Revit Automation, we are able to save our customers both time and money without sacrificing the quality of the work that we do.
Get A Free Quote
BIM Construction is the Future
Building information modeling (BIM) is the future of building design and construction. Get in touch with our BIM Experts.